Friday, March 17, 2006

BB Talks About His Parole- Reposted












This is the letter that accompanied Bobby's missive to the Parole Board. I had to get permission to share it with you. I hope this works- I really feel the guy's pain.


Dear loved ones and friends,

The last time I wrote to all of you I was feeling somewhat wounded and at odds with the world in the aftermath of my parole hearing last December. Thanks in large part to the generous support all of you have given to me, each in your individual ways, I now feel strong and empowered, and focused on following a course of action that makes perfect sense to me. All of the words of encouragement, suggestions, ideas, and sage advice I have received have been incredibly valuable. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and relations.

In the near future I will write you another letter to tell you about my decision on the Path A/B issue. Meanwhile, I have written a letter to the parole board. In it I am requesting that my hearing be reopened, and I make my case for why this is the appropriate determination. A copy of the letter is attached as a Word document for those of you who are interested in following this process.

The hearing decision becomes final on April 4. I have no idea how the board will respond to my letter. My case is strong, with very solid grounds, but it is rare that the board reverses one of its hearing decisions. If the decision is affirmed, the matter will then be taken into court for resolution.

Feel free to express, at any time, any thoughts you have on the matter to the parole board. The address is on the letter. Anything you write to them will be considered, and will be made part of the permanent record for this and the next hearing.

Thank you all for being there (here) for me.

Bobby

1 comment:

60skid said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.