Monday, September 19, 2005

Get Their License Number !!!!


I look for the truth in the details, where God is supposed to be. That was why I questioned the driver's license explanation for the presence of Kasabian on the night of the murders.

It never made sense to me that the killers, finished with five murders, stopped to get hosed down- and then almost get caught. Like another second or two and they were busted.

The only first hand explanation I've ever read comes from Tex's book... and doesn't compute. It doesn't occur to you to kill the guy when he's trying to hold you for the cops, MINUTES after you kill a houseful of strangers?

So many things we will never know....

From his book----

Linda turned off Benedict Canyon onto Portola Drive, one of the winding side streets, looking for a place where we could wash. Finally we saw an exposed hose. As we poured the water over ourselves, drenching our hair and clothes, a man and woman suddenly appeared at their door in bathrobes, asking us what we were doing.

I put on my Texas accent, saying we had just been walking and needed a drink. As we ran back to the car, the man followed us, his wife shrieking, "Get the license number; get the number!" from the doorway. In my rush I flooded the engine, and as I struggled to get the car started again the old man came up to my window and stuck his hand in, grabbing for the keys. I managed to crank up the glass and drive off, leaving him shouting after us in the middle of the road. For some reason it never occurred to any of us to try to kill him-he didn't live on Cielo Drive.

2 comments:

ColScott said...

But dude
If they HAD the license number
wouldn't he WANT To kill them?

ColScott said...

true
I was just reflecting on his statement that it never occurred to him.