Friday, July 22, 2005

Words have Meaning


I've been thinking hard about the Polanski libel case. I am glad that he won. Vanity Fair seemed to think "Fuck you Roman, you suck we can say anything we want to." A jury of smart educated English people disagreed. I wonder if in America, where the educated avoid jury duty, what would have happened....

If you do the math, Roman LOST a lot of money bringing suit. He did it on principle. I admire people with principle. It seemed a bit daft to be pursuing- it only dragged up his past indiscretions. It showed me that one of the most important people in his life was Sharon.

Frequent reader Shelby is on my case about Heaven from KTS- but I must say, what bothered me the most about her and still does, is not her opinions, it is her stupid, uninformed opinions. I make it a point to not speak without being fairly certain of the facts that I am spewing. I am not perfect but I try to be. She doesn't care AT ALL. And if her defense can be that "she read it in a book", then she can weasel out of anything.

TODAY she claims that Roman's "original sentence was 50 years." This in regards to the statutory rape claims in 1977. This is stupid, retarded and FALSE. Roman pled guilty with the understanding that there would be NO jail time. When a friend overheard the judge commenting in a toilet that he was going to make an example of Roman despite the plea, he fled.

The VICTIM doesn't hold it against Roman but Heaven does to the point where even lies are not enough for her.

Says it all....


------ I just read that the verdict was UNANIMOUS. LOL at the Roman haters...

------ I just read that the judge ordered Vanity Fair to pay costs...this could be another half a million- this is one of the best things under English law- it prevents BS lawsuits...Hooray!

------ "Its editor, Graydon Carter, shook his head at the verdict while Miss Tate's sister, Debra, smiled." LOL at the Debra haters!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.brainyencyclopedia.com/encyclopedia/r/ro/roman_polanski.html

He could not attend the awards, held in Hollywood, because he still faces sentencing of up to 50 years in prison if he ever returns to the USA.

http://cowdery.home.netcom.com/polanski.htm

which was up to the judge and could have been as much as 50 years

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/03/02/1046540066443.html?oneclick=true

However, just before sentencing, the trial judge indicated he had changed his mind and hinted that he might jail Polanski for up to 50 years

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000591/news

Worried he would have to spend 50 years in prison, Polanski fled

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/2-24-2003-36204.asp

However, just before sentencing, the trial judge indicated he had changed his mind and hinted that he might jail Polanski for up to 50 years. The director fled and has never returned to the US. He now lives in France.

is that enough for you or shall i keep going? sorry but it's not retarted and false. you need to work on getting your facts straight. and stop worrying about heaven.

Anonymous said...

no offense intended but you really must not have much of a life if you spend all your time worrying about what heaven says. why not focus more on your book and less on her? this is starting to look like stalking. just pointing that out in case you didn't realize.

Anonymous said...

moronic bitch? thats not an abusive vulgar comment?
why the fascination with just heaven? there are several people on kts who mock and make fun of roman why are you only concerned with just heaven? it would appear as though you are following her around. i'm just telling you how it looks. what is the point in provoking her when she's not going to post here? and i thought the purpose of your blog was for a book. are you now saying the sole purpose is to provoke and bait heaven? if so that sounds like harassment to me.

ColScott said...

Shelby Dear
fortunately it doesn't sound like harassment under the law

Heaven abused me by accusing me of things I was innocent of and then banning me often from Denise's site.

If I can take her stupid and uneducated responses and use them to show how little people actually know about the case, so much the better for a widely accessible book.

I do not see how I am following her around. This is MY home. I am illustrating how dumb she is without leaving my house.

ColScott said...

Bk
I am IN KTS and always have been, and yet, oddly I do not post nor harass. So bzzzt you are wrong already.

I do not post not because of cowardice but because people like yourself do not know the truth nor want to.

I was wrong about the paperback release of Greg's poorly researched book. I admitted it. It also is such a small mistake that it is pathetic you would even still mention it.

NOTHING I ever posted on the boards was wrong. Danny is dead. Roman was NEVER sentenced to 50 years.

Defend Heaven. Defend Caryn. Defend Brooklyn.

It doesn't matter nor does it change the TRUTH.