Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Unlikely Conversation Circa 1969


DUDE
Hey Man I’m back.
GIRLFRIEND
Where the hell were you? It’s 4 in the morning.
DUDE
Oh. I drove all the way to Bel Air?
GIRLFRIEND
Where the hell is that?
DUDE
Out past Hollywood.
GIRLFRIEND
What? This is El Monte. Probably took you an hour to get there and an hour back. Where were you really?
DUDE
I have this brand new 1969 clock radio. I wanted to try to sell it to this guy I met on the Sunset Strip a week ago.
GIRLFRIEND
Uh huh. What time was that?
DUDE
Well I went to his house at midnight or so and left about 12:30.
GIRLFRIEND
I didn’t know you were a salesman...did he buy it?
DUDE
I am not a salesman. I just wanted to sell him my clock.
GIRLFRIEND
You do know that I don’t believe a word of it.
DUDE
Well it is true.
GIRLFRIEND
What did you do over there?
DUDE
I plugged it in and showed him how it worked. He passed, I left.
GIRLFRIEND
Have you ever done anything like this before?
DUDE
Nope.
GIRLFRIEND
Okay. Well I believe you. It’s not like you’d be visiting a stranger at 12:30 in the morning for sex or anything. Good night!

No comments: